Sorry for the late posting…had to go down to NYC today….
Theme: The title (Bumper cars) can be taken pretty literally today. This is a “don’t over-think it” situation. Just a series of a particular category of nouns strung together to form a phrase (not a common phrase this time) that literally fits the pun (“?” in the clue = pun )
10 specific hints
1. 1-Across Fix: Think cats and dogs, not objects
2. 25-Down Time piece: Don’t think watch.
3. 80-Down Rule: Think verb
4. 12-Down Ready for a frat party: Think Animal House (btw: It’s one word, not two)
5. 90-Down Very Blue: Don’t think color
6. 101-Down Opposite of brilliance: Don’t think bright light
7. 102-Down Split: Think tongue
8. 57-Down Non-kosher lunch orders, for short: Think diner
9. 59-Down Playground retort: 3 words
10. 71-Down Speak pigeon?: Speak love.