A little late today, sorry fans. Some things took priority over puzzles last night and today, but here we go.
Theme: Well, it’s the circled letters that really holds a pretty loose theme together this time. Note that there are question marks following clues to the long answers, so no puns or word play here, just a series of answers loosely related to the theme identified by the the circles. Don’t take it too seriously, it’s really just a myth!
10 specific clues:
1. 1-Across: Treats, a a bow: Think violin
2. 2-Across: Org. for lab safety: No, not a chem lab. This lab is often black.
3. 28-Across Metaphor for obsolesce: The clue’s misleading. More a metaphor for what happens to you if you get in the way of human expansionism.
4. 104-Down: H H H H. There being four of them doesn’t matter. Think Greek.
5. 62-Down: It’s a challenge: Three words
6. 74-Down: Little confabs: You’ll have to put your heads together to solve this one
7. 95-Down Sweater’s line: Note the question mark (means it’s a bit of joke). Two words. Doesn’t have anything to do with either gyms or clothes.
8. 93-Down Actually: Two words, two Latin words
9. 59-Down Helen Keller…: It could do what she couldn’t
10. 80-Down Main line: This one could have a question mark after it; Think body, not transportation.
Enjoyed my clues, check out my blook!